Selected Blog Posts
- Beef Sustainability Series HomePage – Where’s the (Sustainable) Beef? A Scientist’s Journey Advancing Beef Supply Chain Sustainability to Incentivize Conservation & Climate Change Solutions – Medium.
- Increasing Demand for Credibly Regenerative (or at least More Sustainable) Beef: Key Barriers & Possible Solutions. Medium, November 19, 2018
- What’s Really “Sustainable” in the Confusing World of Beef, Part VI: Key Barriers to Increasing the U.S. Supply of Credibly More Sustainable Beef. Medium, November 13, 2018
- What’s Really Green — A Look at Beef — How Can You Prove It? (i.e., Filter Out the Bull) – Triple Pundit, May 10, 2018
- What’s Really ‘Green’? A Look at Beef Finishing on Feedlots – Triple Pundit, March 15, 2018
- What’s Really ‘Green’? A Look at Beef Cattle Grazing Operations – Triple Pundit, January 29, 2018
- What’s Really ‘Green’ in the Confusing World of Beef Marketing Claims? – Triple Pundit, January 9, 2018
- A Green Marketing “Wild West”: Greenwashing in the Beef Sector – Triple Pundit, December 14, 2017
- Musicians Inspiring Fans to Act on Climate Change Solutions – Yale Climate Connections, October 15, 2009
- Four Quick Questions to Help Mattress Makers Go Green. Triple Pundit. Aug. 4, 2011.
- What’s really ‘green’? A Look at Mattresses, Part III. Triple Pundit. June 3, 2011.
- What’s really ‘green’? A Look at Mattresses, Part II. Triple Pundit. March 25, 2011.
- What’s really ‘green’ in the confusing world of mattresses? Part I. Triple Pundit. March 22, 2011.
- Climate Camp Afterthoughts, Part I
- Climate Camp Afterthoughts, Part II
- Radio Interview: Episode 205 Jonathan Gelbard and the Grasslands Alliance.What Doesn’t Kill You. Heritage Radio Network. November 21, 2016
- Radio Interview: Episode 113: Sustainable Standards for Cattle Production.What Doesn’t Kill You. Heritage Radio Network. June 3, 2014.
- Documentary Film Interview about the benefits of urban forests and watershed protections. Dig It: featuring members of Pearl Jam, Timberland’s CEO and more. (highlight featuring one of my contributions starting at 1:30)
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Moderator –“Certification Standards Have been an Effective Mechanism for Building Conservation Partnerships in Other Commodities; Can That Success be Replicated in the U.S. Beef Sector to Better Incentivize Grassland Conservation?” America’s Grasslands Conference. Ft. Collins, CO. September, 2015.
- Moderator –“Sustainable Livestock Innovations and Impacts”. Berkeley Food Institute, NRDC and Organic Valley. May 2014
- “Conservation Biologists As Drivers of Business Innovation: Our Essential Role Supporting the Sustainability Revolution.” Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society for Conservation Biology. August, 2012
- Plenary Speaker –“How to Make Your Science Stick – Communicating Science to Motivate Change”. Presented at the Western Division of the American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting. Jackson, WY. February, 2012
In the News
- Quote: Beef Feedlots Grapple With Never-Ending Waste. Harvest Public Media. December 11, 2012.