About Director of Integrative Conservation, Jonathan L. Gelbard, Ph.D.:
My life and work are inspired by a love of Nature. As a uniquely skilled translator of science into well-designed conservation, climate change, and sustainable business solutions, I dig deep to identify root causes of problems and catalyze transformative results. I offer 20+ years’ experience strategically designing and reliably executing a diverse array of projects. Core areas of strength include:
- Diligent researcher who excels at getting to the heart of complex questions and building powerful science-based arguments in support of land management, business, policy and legal initiatives;
- Experienced in leading multi-stakeholder consultations to understand key barriers to changing land management practices and identify solutions to each barrier;
- As an advisor of businesses, investors and philanthropists, I vet scientific credibility and hone approaches to maximize impact;
- Applying the science of influence to design conservation programs that promote behavior change;
- Known as a charismatic speaker who can convey benefits of conservation to all types of people;
- Author of scientific journal articles and book chapters, and hundreds of blog posts;
- Producer and director of scientific workshops and educational events;
- Projects have been covered by media outlets including the SF Chronicle, Sacramento Bee, AP, American Museum of Natural History, High Country News.
I am passionate about my work and understand the importance of maintaining balance, regularly enjoying time in nature and live music with family and friends.